Sunday, June 6, 2010

Crew’s 1st Birthday

 We had a farm theme for Crew’s birthday.  We went to Wheeler farm, ate cake, looked at the animals, and climbed on the farm equipment.  Family from all over came to celebrate.  It was perfect weather, and all the kids had fun!

CIMG1634I made the same cake my sister made for her little boy.  It was easy, but it took all evening to make. 

CIMG1658 Crew just poked at it, and then took off the graham crackers,  he didn’t really want to eat it.  CIMG1659 Here he is with a red mouth.  There was so much red dye in the frosting, that when we wiped him down later he looked like he had a red sunburn. 

CIMG1662This is when we knew Crew was done!  I haven’t had one child yet that hasn’t cried while eating their cake.

CIMG1670 

Crew liked his gifts, and so did the other kids!

CIMG1677 I made little gift bags with farm animals and farm animal masks.  Here is Oakley wearing her cow mask.

CIMG1679 Crew loved touching the animals at the farm.

CIMG1689CIMG1690The girls loved running around and climbing on the equipment.

CIMG1702

CIMG1694

    They especially loved the rabbits.

CIMG1699CIMG1693  It was a really fun day at the farm!

CIMG1682

2 comments:

  1. The cake turned out SO cute!!! If I don't have Cecily do cupcakes for me you are going to have to teach me!
    I cant believe Crew is 1! I swear he was just born.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry we missed his party. It sounds like you guys had a wonderful time. Happy Birthday Crew!

    ReplyDelete