Tuesday, May 25, 2010

SURPRISE!!

Lexi turns seven.  We celebrated with a surprise party.  I gave the invites to her teacher with the envelopes addressed to the parents of the girls invited.  I made one for Lexi addressed to myself so she wouldn’t get suspicious.  The next school day some of the girls told Lexi about her party.  She asked me about it and I lied and told her, “No, I wasn’t planning a party.”  She asked me to promise and tell her the truth.  I again lied.  So Saturday morning she really was surprised when all her friends were waiting for her in our basement.  She initially responded with anger toward me for lying to her, but got over it quickly when she realized all her friends were there.  We had a mini pedicure party, where I ended up painting 16 sets of glitter toes.  The girls had fun, especially our Lexi!

CIMG0748 

CIMG0744

CIMG0747

CIMG0743

One thing I love about having kids, is living vicariously through them.  I don’t know if it is bad to do this, but I figure as long as we are all having fun, who cares!  Birthday parties are one of my most favorite things to give to my children.  I love planning them, decorating, thinking up fun ideas, and of course seeing the joy it brings to my children.  I just might do one for them every year, even if it is spoiling them. 

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Lexi! I am sorry I missed your super cool birthday party. and denell I think it is hard to throw a "Surprise" party when the surprise falls on the lips of seven year olds. haha! speaking of which. I want that castle you did for Oakley's party and I want to try and make it bigger. for girls camp this year the theme is royalty, so we want to make our cabin a castle. Anyways, call me and give me some ideas on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! You really are such a great mom. I think it's totally okay that you are living vicariously through your kids, as long as you're all having fun and making such fun memories. (Although, I don't know if painting that many pairs of toe nails would be that fun...:))

    Happy Birthday to Lexi!

    ReplyDelete